why should I learn python

windandwaves nfrancken at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 19:01:16 EDT 2007

On Sep 7, 10:44 am, Torsten Bronger <bron... at physik.rwth-aachen.de>
wrote:
> Hallöchen!
>
> Tom Brown writes:
> > [...] Python has been by far the easiest to develop in.  Some
> > people might say it is not "real programming" because it is so
> > easy.
>
> I can't believe this.  Have you really heard such a statement?
>
> Tschö,
> Torsten.
>
> --
> Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus
>                                       Jabber ID: bron... at jabber.org
>                       (Seehttp://ime.webhop.orgfor ICQ, MSN, etc.)

Hmmm, thank you all for your replies.  I will do some research on the
net (i did some already, but because I am really not much of a
programmer, it is often too detailed for me).  I have limited time,
but it does sound like something to learn, just for fun and for
practical use.  How would you use it in a web development
environment?  I mean, in real practical terms.  Could it assist with
php? Is it easy to write GUI programs in Python?