Getting rid of bitwise operators in Python 3?

Sat Sep 22 19:50:21 EDT 2007

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 18:09:49 +0000, richyjsm wrote:

> On that subject, I'd suggest that the pow() builtin (not the ** operator
> - just the pow() function) should also be a candidate for removal...

Help on built-in function pow in module __builtin__:

pow(...)
    pow(x, y[, z]) -> number

    With two arguments, equivalent to x**y.  With three arguments,
    equivalent to (x**y) % z, but may be more efficient (e.g. for longs).

Everybody forgets that pow can take three arguments, except of course for
those who use that functionality and would be mighty peeved if it went
away.

--
Steven.