2 python questions!

resist_think at hushmail.com resist_think at hushmail.com
Wed Sep 5 05:14:32 EDT 2007

Hi python community!
First question has to do with threading support. There is the
following simple case:
I have a dictionnary that gets it's values -which are url's-from a
function. Sort of

dictionnary['1'] = "http://www.google.com"
dictionnary['2'] = "http://www.python.com"

I need to fill in the dictionnary with some url's. If I do it on
the simplest way, it would be like:

for i in range(20):
   dictionnary["%s" % i] = get_urls(args)

and wait a long long time till it finishes. Can I do it easily with
threads, without having to add too much code? Ideal case would be
if all threads start simultaneously :)

Now the second question has to do with images retrieval and
manipulation. Which libraries do you propose to work with to
retrieve and resize images from the web?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
Handyman Franchises. Click Here.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fMyhGJzTqAUMT4o9Inh2I0NfM85HrFhPDGb7fSaLiZQZqWk/