why should I learn python

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Sep 6 22:31:54 EDT 2007

On 2007-09-06, André <andre.roberge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 6, 7:29 pm, windandwaves <nfranc... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 7, 9:50 am, James Stroud <jstr... at mbi.ucla.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > Seewww.python.org. Trust us all when we say that its the best.
>>
>> I get that feeling - yes.  Question is:
>>
>> 1. what is it good for?
>
> Pretty much any programming task, except perhaps those that require
> extreme computation speed (like weather modeling).

Even then there are some very powerful numerical and scientific
libraries that are _way_ easier to use from Python that they
are from C and Fortran (the languages in which such libraries
are often written).  You gain 99% of the speed with none of the
pain.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Vote for ME
                                  at               -- I'm well-tapered,