Python Database Apps

Tom Brown brown at esteem.com
Tue Sep 11 16:07:00 EDT 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007 19:52, darien.watkins at gmail.com wrote:
> Kindof a poll, kindof curiosity...
>
> What is your favorite python - database combination?  I'm looking to
> make an app that has a local DB and a server side DB.  I'm looking at
> python and sqlite local side and sql server side.
>
> Any suggestions????

I have had a lot of good luck with PostgreSQL. It is easy to install and use.
It is also very stable. It maybe overkill for a client side database. The
psycopg package makes interfacing to PostgreSQL very easy and there is a
package for Linux and Windows to make cross-platform development a breeze.

-Tom