Organizing Code - Packages

xkenneth xkenneth at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 20:04:56 EDT 2007

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 12:42:19 -0700, xkenneth wrote:
> How do import statements that are declared at the top of a python
> module work?

They import the module.  ;-)
> for instance....
> from MyModule.Objects import *

> class Class:
>       def function:
>            #here i cannot access the things that should have been
> imported from the above statement
>            #i printed the dir() function to verify this

Sorry I don't believe this.  This doesn't even compile because the
method
`function()` lacks the arguments in the definition.  Please post
actual
code and actual tracebacks you get.
And `MyModule` is a bad name for a package.

Ciao,
        Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Code doesn't compile in python. This is pseudo code anyways.
Can't post actual code and tracebacks because the code is proprietary.
"MyModule" is pseudo code, and i forgot the arguments, the actual code
and errors are unimportant for this question.