how to do "load script; run script" in a loop in embedded python?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Apr 7 02:00:08 EDT 2008

En Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:52:31 -0300, <lipingffeng at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi, all,
>
> I am currently involved in a project that needs to load/run a python
> script dynamically in a C application. The sample code is as
> following:
>
> PyObject *LoadScript(char *file, char *func)
> {
>     PyObject *pName, *pModule, *pDict, *pFunc;
>
>     pName = PyString_FromString(file);
>     pModule = PyImport_Import(pName);
>     pDict = PyModule_GetDict(pModule);
>     pFunc = PyDict_GetItemString(pDict, func);
>     return pFunc;
> }

Remember to check all PyObject* return values, NULL means there was an
error.
And pay attention to reference counts! Read the section about reference
counts in both books, Extending and Embedding, and the Python API
Reference. http://docs.python.org/

> The first loop is perfectly ok, but on the second loop, script loading
> is successful but running will always fail.

"fail" in what form? A Python exception? The program freezes? A core dump?

--
Gabriel Genellina