ThreadingTCPServer: sock.recv() doesn't block?

Prepscius, Colin (IT) Colin.Prepscius at morganstanley.com
Wed Apr 2 09:19:57 EDT 2008

So I'm using the ThreadingTCPServer from the python standard library
SocketServer, and calling serve_forever on it.  In my handler's handle
method, I call self.request.recv(x) in a loop until I've received n
bytes.  But recv() returns immediately with nothing, over and over.  It
all still works, but my cpu pegs.  I thought socketc.recv() was supposed
to block.  Anybody know if I'm doing something wrong?

thanks!
Colin