Problems building a binary extension

llothar llothar at web.de
Thu Apr 3 01:33:33 CEST 2008

I works well on Linux. But on FreeBSD when i use

../bin/python setup.py build_ext --inplace

to  select my own build python interpreter it is not using the correct
library paths and therefore complains that it can't find the -
lpython2.5 library.

Using python-config i also don't see that the lib directory based on
the --prefix option is not used anywhere for the library.

Must i set LIBRARY_PATH by hand?

If i have to it seems like a bug to me, because the information is
there and the build tools should use it.