Serving binary content (images, etc) using BasteHTTPServer

MarkCSU at gmail.com MarkCSU at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:08:05 EDT 2008

I'm writing a simple web server in python using the BaseHTTPServer
library. I can serve text content (ie html pages) with ease, but im
running into troubles when i try to serve images. The image gets
corrupted in transit and when I manually download the image from the
website and look at it using a hex editor it appears that the first 60
(or first 3C  in hex if it makes a helps) characters are missing.

My code looks like this:

def do_GET(s):

# code that determines that yes this is an image

                s.send_response(200)
                s.send_header("Content-type", "image/jpeg")
                s.end_headers

                fileObj = open("1.jpg","rb") # file is harcoded until
i get images being served correctly
                image = fileObj.read()
                s.wfile.write(image)