[Python 2.4/2.5] subprocess module is sorely deficient?

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 22 22:57:01 EDT 2008

Harishankar wrote:
> Sorry to start off on a negative note in the list, but I feel that the Python
> subprocess module is sorely deficient because it lacks a mechanism to:

At OSAF we used a slightly modified killableprocess module with a
wrapper to deal with complexities of various redirections in
cross-platform way. I actually blogged about this a week ago so rather
than rehash the issues I'll point you to the article which contains
links to all the pieces we used:

http://www.heikkitoivonen.net/blog/2008/04/16/pythons-ossystem-considered-harmful/

--
  Heikki Toivonen