Does Python 2.5.2's embedded SQLite support full text searching?

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 21 14:05:02 EDT 2008

> Does Python 2.5.2's embedded SQLite support full text searching?
>
> Any recommendations on a source where one can find out which SQLite
> features are enabled/disabled in each release of Python? I'm trying to
> figure out what's available in 2.5.2 as well as what to expect in 2.6
> and 3.0.

Sqlite itself is not distributed with python. Only a python db api
compliant wrapper is part of the python stdlib and as such it is
completely independent of the sqlite build. In other words, if your
sqlite build supports full text searching you can use it through the
python sqlite wrapper (that is part of the stdlib) and if it doesn't
then not. This is true for any sqlite feature though.

So if you need an sqlite feature just go ahead and build your own
sqlite with that feature enabled and use that feature with the stock
python sqlite wrapper that comes with the stdlib.

HTH,
Daniel