Windows - window status (Running vs Not Responding)

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:54:22 EDT 2008

On Apr 11, 2:10 pm, rdahlstrom <roger.dahlst... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 1:45 pm, rdahlstrom <roger.dahlst... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to determine the window status (Running or Not
> > Responding)?  I've tried various methods with no success...
>
> > This would be on a variety of Windows systems, but all at least XP,
> > and mostly server 2003.  Everyone will have Python 2.5.1 on them, and
> > the script would be running locally.
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> Basically, I'm looking for something similar to the Process.Responding
> property in System.Diagnostics...

Hmmm...I think you should re-post to the Python win32 group. They'll
know the answer, if there is one. Here's the link to get signed up:

Also, you might take a look at the WMI module:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi.html

I'm pretty sure it can do that, but I don't know how. I did find an
article on it:

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=19489&seqNum=4

If you're better than I am, you can probably translate this to the
Python equivalent. Zenoss also has some monitoring software that's
open source Python code.

Mike