Python queue madness

nnp version5 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:52:08 EDT 2008

Hey guys,

Basically I have a system where component 1, 2 and 3 communicate with each
other using two Python Queues, we'll call them R and W. Here is what is
happening

1 writes data to W and reads from R
2 reads data from W and writes data it receives from 3 to R (but not data it
receives from 1)
3 writes to W

The problem is that data being written by 1 to W is appearing back on R. I
have verified that 1 never writes to R and that 2 never writes data it
receives from 1 to R, by overwriting the put() and put_nowait() methods of
R.

Is there any other way for data to get onto a queue or are there any known
bugs with Python's Queue module that could lead to this kind of behaviour?

-nnp

--
http://www.smashthestack.org
http://www.unprotectedhex.com