What can we do about all the spam that the list is getting?

ajaksu ajaksu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:52:07 EDT 2008

On 16 abr, 14:01, sr... at ferg.org wrote:
> What can we do about all the spam that comp.lang.python is getting?
> Things are getting pretty bad.

I'm reporting most spam, but I don't have high hopes Google cares. We
could start a new group (non-usenet Google Groups allow message
removal), but I guess most people would rather simply plonk GG posts.

Perhaps we could find a way to tag spam threads that would auto-plonk
those threads in our preferred reader (email, newsreader and
Greasemonkey killfile)? This has the drawback that spam posted to ham
threads would be hard to block...

Regards,
Daniel

P.S.: I prefer posting from Google Groups, I'd rather avoid posting at
all than having to use a different client...