Problem building python in virtual machine running centos

Alexandre Gillet gillet at scripps.edu
Thu Apr 24 21:05:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to build python-2.4.5 on Centos 5.1, which is a virtual
machine running with xen.
I am not able to build python. The compilation crash with the following:
gcc -pthread -c  -DNDEBUG -g  -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I.
-I./Include  -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Objects/unicodeobject.o
Objects/unicodeobject.c
In file included from ./Include/Python.h:76,
                 from Objects/unicodeobject.c:39:
./Include/object.h:228: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
The bug is not reproducible, so it is likely a hardware or OS problem.

Any suggestion of what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Alex

 o Alexandre Gillet  Ph.D.   email: gillet at scripps.edu
/  The Scripps Research Institute,