[ANN] Vellum 0.13: Simple Python Build Tool (usable now)
Zed A. Shaw
zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Apr 16 05:43:54 EDT 2008
Insomnia has blessed me with the ability to make another release of
Vellum for all to play with and try using. Features in this release:
* The ability to make your own commands for your build specs in plain
old Python as a Python module.
* The docstring comments on your vellum commands become dynamic
documentation for vellum via: vellum -C.
* Lots of documentation, comments, cleaned up code, and a more complete
* Importing other build specs as recipes and importing python modules
are all unified and cleaned up.
* Still only 620 lines of Python code which is damn amazing.
I wrote a bunch of documentation tonight, and will be doing a more
complete manual soon:
This page is cleaned up and lays out how to use vellum, write a
build.vel file, and write your own commands.
First, you should grab Zapps and install that:
Then you can grab Vellum with easy_install:
$ sudo easy_install vellum
Or, get it from http://launchpad.net/vellum/
You can subscribe to Vellum's RSS feed at:
Let me know if you run into anything, and if you like it or hate it.
Otherwise, enjoy the gear.
Zed A. Shaw
- Hate: http://savingtheinternetwithhate.com/
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/
- Evil: http://yearofevil.com/
More information about the Python-list