Prototype OO

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Thu Apr 3 06:35:34 EDT 2008

sam a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers napisał(a):
>
>> Ok, I'm going to be a bit harsh, but this time I'll assume it.
>
>> Sam, you started this thread by asking about prototype vs class based
>
>> minor syntactic points that, whether you like them or not (and
>
> I think I will get back to this discussion after learning "descriptor
> protocol"

Add lookup (name resolution) rules, metaclasses, 'magic' methods etc to
the list then, so you'll get a general view of Python's object model.

> and maybe I will not talk about syntax then, and maybe it
> won't get off topic.
>
> As you can see I'm novice in Python, but I can show python-experts some
> newbie opinions. If somebody is an expert then he can't take a fresh
> look at his many years work.

This is indeed true. But be assured their are quite a few newbies
(whether  nwebie to Python or newbie to programming) posting here to
comment on what they perceive as warts - sometimes making good points,
sometimes just not knowing enough about the language's inners and/or
philosophy to understand why what they think is a wart is considered a
feature by more "advanced" users. As some other contributor (hi Diez !)
to this thread already mentionned, "Is [Python] perfect? Heck no! But it
sure is fun enough to deal with the occasional wart."