How is GUI programming in Python?

Paul Rubin http
Fri Apr 11 04:20:12 EDT 2008

Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> writes:
> > Installing Pyqt on windows involves a couple "click to install" EXEs.  On
> > Linux, one uses yum or apt.  Only on Mac is it marginally a bit harder.
>
> Actually, on Windows it's only one .exe as the PyQt GPL binary installer
> includes Qt and all it's tools (and the eric IDE, and PyQwt).

Generally I prefer to minimize the number of installs, and especially
minimize the number of binary installs.  And my experience with yum
and apt has generally been dependency hell, especially when installing
from sources.  But anyway, I consider zero installs to be far superior
to any number greater than zero.