py3k concerns. An example

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Apr 21 02:13:58 EDT 2008

En Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:58:56 -0300, Aaron Watters <aaron.watters at gmail.com> escribió:

> Why is the migration to py3k a concern?
> For example I have libraries which use string%dictionary
> substitution where the dictionary is actually an object
> which emulates a dictionary.  The __getitem__ for
> the object can be very expensive and is only called when
> needed by the string substitution.
>
> In py3k string%dictionary is going away.  Why?
> I have no idea.

But not soon. It's not listed in PEP 3100 and according to this message
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-3000/2008-April/013094.html
%s formatting will not disappear until Python 3.3
You have plenty of time to evaluate alternatives. Your code may become obsolete even before 3.3 is shipped.

--
Gabriel Genellina