Confused about Boost.Python & bjam

Till Kranz kranz at theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Sun Apr 13 01:22:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, 7stud wrote:

> On Apr 12, 4:53 am, Till Kranz <kr... at theorie.physik.uni-
> goettingen.de> wrote:
>> I tried to get started with Boost.Python.
<snip>
>> I am using a Gentoo system, so there is no boost directory.

> A few months ago, I spent a whole day trying to install boost python.
> I failed.  After that, I decided I'd never go near boost again.

I think I kind of managed to install boost. All the header only boost
stuff works. It was Gentoos package manager that did the installing for me
after all. I think my problem is, that the parts of boost got properly
spread out over the file system. I am sure the bjam system can handle this
but I need a starting point to find out how.

Best

 	Till