Newbie needs help

frankrentef frankrentef at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 12:46:00 EDT 2008

Greetings all,

I'm wanting to maintain what values in one file and call them in
another.  The purpose being to keep a single location where url's,
login's and passwords can be maintained, then called as needed from
another file.

In file #1 I have...

import time
import os
import sys

url = 'http://zoo/'

adminlogin = 'Zebra'
adminpassword = 'Zebra12$'

In file #2 I have the following...

from cPAMIE import PAMIE

#Imports - used to setup / control finding files
import time
import os
import sys
import loginout    #name of the file retaining all url/login info
from log import log

#Create New Pamie Object
ie=PAMIE()
ie=Visible =1
t=time

adminlogin (ie,url)
if ie.findText ('Site Status: Active'):
    log ('PASSED -- ADMIN Module - ADMIN Login & Admin Tab Navigation
Successful')
else:
    log ('WARNING -- ADMIN Module Login & Admin Tab Navigation
FAILED')
time.sleep(2)

What am I doing incorrectly to not have file two log in when
executed.  All files are in the same directory.   Keep it simple...
I'm new at this.

THNX