Inquisitive computing

castironpi castironpi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 18:21:25 EDT 2008

On Aug 13, 4:29 pm, bearophileH... at lycos.com wrote:
> David C. Ullrich:
>
> > If you look at the end of the article you see the author
> > agrees (I don't quite follow his complaint about not feeling
> > at home with the interactive mode, but it's funny to read about
> > how he uses Lisp but realizes he's not going to talk people
> > into that...)
>
> That well know author thinks Python is almost fit, but not quite (no
> rationals, he seems to not like imports, and he wants optional types,
> and native compilation performance too, etc), and I think he likes
> Scheme a lot (not right CLisp). You may want to take a look at the
> article to see if I am right.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

He didn't mention a debugger, which Python does have.  But in
mentioning Python he didn't distinguish between the live interpreter
console and executing a script.  Also, the idea of language-
independent editor isn't explored; they're too closely coupled.
(Except maybe Bloodshed Dev, which has a Tools menu, you can customize
to say \python\python %curfile%.)