Newbie problem inserting into MySQL
nagle at animats.com
Tue Aug 19 07:29:32 CEST 2008
> I have started a little pet project to learn python and MySQL. The
> project involves figuring out all the combinations for a 5 number
> lottery and storing the data in a MySQL file.
1. As someone else mentioned, the placeholder for MySQL data
is "%s", not "?".
2. After inserting, you must call "db.commit()", or, when the
program exits, all the insertions will be backed out.
(Assuming you're using a table type that supports
transactions, like InnoDB. But commit anyway.)
3. If you're inserting a huge number of records, look into
LOAD DATA. It's much faster.
4. Your code will make 10000 entries, then exit. Is that
what you want?
5. Creating a database of computed values is a useful exercise,
but not all that useful.
More information about the Python-list