Debugging of a long running process under Windows

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Wed Aug 20 22:42:40 EDT 2008

I don't know how well Microsoft Windows allows for sending a process a
signal in Python, but if the Python signal module works reasonably
well on Microsoft Windows, then reread
http://bashdb.sourceforge.net/pydb/pydb/lib/node38.html

Should you not want to use or can't use pydb, or want to do this with
sockets, then basically you do the same thing that pydb is doing here,
substituting sockets if you like.

The basic ideas that were discussed in:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.shell/browse_thread/thread/87c3f728476ed29d

The discussion was in the context of shell languages, but it is
equally applicable in Python.

Good luck!