File copying from a menu

Brandon deanfamily11 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 26 12:10:24 EDT 2008

Ok, below is a portion of the code that first (near as I can tell because I
had nothign to do with desgining the program) sets up the menu
(setupMenuBar) and then adds the commands to be used with the items:

def setupMenuBar(self):
        menubar = self.menuBar()
        file_ = menubar.addMenu("&File")
        file_.addAction(self.importEx)
        file_.addAction(self.exitAct)

    def createActions(self):
        fileMenu = QtGui.QMenu(self.tr("&File"), self)

        self.importEx = QtGui.QAction(self.tr("&Import Excel Document"),
self)
        self.importEx.setShortcut(self.tr("Ctrl+E"))
        self.importEx.setStatusTip(self.tr("Import Excel Document"))
        self.connect(self.importEx, QtCore.SIGNAL("triggered()"),
self.importExcel)

        self.exitAct = QtGui.QAction(self.tr("E&xit"), self)
        self.exitAct.setShortcut(self.tr("Ctrl+Q"))
        self.exitAct.setStatusTip(self.tr("Exit the application"))
        self.connect(self.exitAct, QtCore.SIGNAL("triggered()"), self,
QtCore.SLOT("close()"))

news:mailman.2191.1219732396.922.python-list at python.org...