list question... unique values in all possible unique spots

ToshiBoy ToshiBoy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 09:05:34 EDT 2008

I'm wondering how to do this the most elegant way: I found this quiz
in some magazine. I've already solved it on paper, but want to write a
python program to solve it. It comes down to being able to represent
range(1,27) through a number of formulas. How do I write a loop that
will loop through this list, so that: 1. every number only occurs
once, and 2. I get every possibility of order within the list? I guess
it'd be somewhat similar to Sudoku, where you have the numbers from
1-9 in any possible order. Here it's 1-26.