Problems running on hp duo Pentium R processor

jim-on-linux inq1ltd at inqvista.com
Fri Dec 5 16:08:56 EST 2008

On Friday 05 December 2008 15:27, Kevin Kelley wrote:
> If they are running standard Win XP (Home or Pro),
> as opposed to 64-bit Win XP, then whether or not the
> CPU supports the IA64 instruction set really doesn't
> matter. As far as I know every Intel Core2 and
> Pentium Dual-Core CPU since ~ 2006 has supported
> 64bit instructions, even the Atom is 64bit. Also,
> the "R" is for Registered Trademark (of Pentium),
> it's not part of the name/model
> (http://ark.intel.com/cpu.aspx?groupId=33925).
>
> Kevin

Kevin ,
I'm trying to find out why my program gets an import
error on only one machine.  Is there any problem with
python running on a 64 bit Architecture machine or is
it something specific to this one HP machine?  None of
my other clients have had this problem, nor have I on
any machine that I've tried tested it on.

jim-on-linux