Curses Blank Background

Damian Johnson atagar1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 03:46:37 EST 2008

Does anyone know how to instruct the Python curses bindings to leave the
background alone (use the default terminal background)? I'm interested in
keeping my semi-transparent background which curses can't replicate. This
question was raised on this list before (
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2001-July/094581.html) but it
never got a reply. From the ncurses man page it looks like this
functionality would be mapped to -1 but the Python curses module uses -1 for
ERR. I'm new to curses so my apologies if I'm missing something obvious.
Cheers! -Damian