How do I manually uninstall setuptools (installed by egg)?

Stephen Thorne stephen at thorne.id.au
Fri Dec 12 17:38:21 EST 2008

On 2008-12-12, Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> Failing that I'll use bdist_rpm then alien to convert to a deb which
> works well enough I find.

Ages ago there was a bdist_deb that was in the python bug tracker, long
since that bug tracker has been transitioned to another one, and that
attachment was lost.

Another pythoneer still had it a few years later, and I got it from him.

In an effort to help people create real packages from python software,
rpms and debs, I put together a small program to download source from
pypi and convert it into an OS installable package. This is known to
work on some redhat systems (modulo a problem with the redhat macro
for doing python byte compilation automatically on all packages), and
debian based systems.

You can find the work I did on:

https://launchpad.net/packaging
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/packaging

And more importantly, you can find bdist_deb.py here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jerub/packaging/trunk/annotate/11?file_id=bdist_deb.py-20080507003948-5c5mn3f68meq60hs-1

--
Regards,
Stephen Thorne

Scanned by the NetBox from NetBox Blue
(http://netboxblue.com/)

Can you afford to be without a NetBox?
Find out the real cost of internet abuse with our ROI calculator.
http://netboxblue.com/roi