To Troll or Not To Troll (aka: "as" keyword woes)

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Wed Dec 10 11:48:40 EST 2008

James Stroud wrote:
> Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
>> Is it me, or has c.l.p. developed a slightly harsher tone recently?
>> (Haven't been following for a while.)
>
> Yep. I can only post here for about a week or two until someone blows a
> cylinder and gets ugly because they interpreted something I said as a
> criticism of the language and took it personally by extension. Then I
> have to take a 4 month break because I'm VERY prone to
> reciprocating--nastily. I think its a symptom of the language's
> maturing, getting popular, and a minority fraction* of the language's
> most devout advocates developing an egotism that complements their
> python worship in a most unsavory way.
>
> I wish they would instead spend their energy volunteering to moderate
> this list and culling out some of the spam.
>
> *No names were mentioned in the making of this post.

I joined this list some time ago, I am not a regular python user.

I have maintained my list subscription because when I'm bored the flames
here are very entertaining.

I don't think I need to mention specifics really.

Oh, and the weekly thread about immutable default arguments is a
cracker...more please.