"as" keyword woes

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 21:09:07 EST 2008

On Dec 6, 6:25�pm, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 14:36:07 -0800, Mensanator wrote:
> > It was extremely simple for me to fix the sympy module where I noticed
> > it. I'm not saying it wasn't a problem, I'm saying it wasn't BROKEN.
>
> If it wasn't broken, why did you need to fix it?

If my tire is flat, I have to fix it. But it may just need air,
in which case it's not broken.

> "Broken" means "not working", not "unfixable".

So, you're saying that Python is broken and will remain so forever,
since "as" will remain a keyword?

Are you advocating that we all switch to Ruby?