Python is slow

cm_gui cmgui2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:42:40 CET 2008

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/blog/2008/07/05/why-google-should-sponsor-a-faster-python-vm.html

I fully agree with Krzysztof Kowalczyk .
Can't they build a faster VM for Python since they love the language
so much?

Python is SLOW.    And I am not comparing it with compiled languages
like C.
Python is even slower than PHP!

Just go to any Python website and you will know.
An example is:
http://www2.ljworld.com/
And this site is created by the creators of Django!

And it is not just this Python site that is slow. There are many many
Python sites which are very slow. And please don’t say that it could
be the web hosting or the server which is slow — because when so many
Python sites are slower than PHP sites, it couldn’t be the web
hosting.   Also, Zope/Plone is even slower.

Python is slow. Very slow.