Overriding a method at the instance level on a subclass of a builtin type

Zac Burns zac256 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:16:52 EST 2008

The class method seems to be the most promising, however I have more
'state' methods to worry about so I might end up building new classes
on the fly rather than have a class per permutation of states! Now the
code isn't quite as clear as I thought it was going to be.

It seems unfortunate to me that methods are always looked up on the
class for new style objects. Was this done for speed reasons?
--
Zachary Burns
(407)590-4814