How do I manually uninstall setuptools (installed by egg)?

Chris Rebert clp at
Wed Dec 10 04:29:06 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM,  <excord80 at> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 10:04 pm, "Chris Rebert" <c... at> wrote:
>> So, why do you think apt and not setuptools is The Right Way(tm)?
> I like to keep > 1 Python on my computer.

Ah, now I get it. I had no idea setuptools could install Python
*itself* until I checked just now. That's kinda neat, but mostly
silly, because, as you point out, management of Python itself is much
better left to the platform's package manager.

Follow the path of the Iguana...