Python extension: callbacks blocked when holding button down

alan.chambers at cambridgeconsultants.com alan.chambers at cambridgeconsultants.com
Fri Dec 12 12:08:45 EST 2008

I'm developing a Python extension. It's a wrapper for some firmware,
and simulates the target hardware environment. I'm using wxPython. I
pass a function to the extension so it can let Python know about
certain events.
The code is currently single threaded.

My problem is that the callback seems to have no effect if it is
called while I am holding down a wxButton in the Python GUI. Long
button presses are significant in the firmware so this seems a bit
limiting.

Can anyone explain what is going on? What's the best workaround?

Thanks.

Al