How do I manually uninstall setuptools (installed by egg)?

excord80 at excord80 at
Wed Dec 10 03:49:05 CET 2008

On Ubuntu, I accidentally manually installed setuptools (by running the .egg file
as a shell script via sudo), and now realize I should just be using
apt to take care of my system Python packages. I also installed one or
two packages using its ``easy_install``.

Looks like it lives in ``/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages``.

How can I manually remove those packages installed using that
``easy_install``, and then manually remove the setuptools package I