New Python 3.0 string formatting - really necessary?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sun Dec 21 14:14:49 EST 2008

r a écrit :
(snip clueless rant)
> One more big complaint "THE BACKSLASH PLAGUE". ever tried regexp?

Yes.

exp = re.compile(r"no \problem \with \backslashes")

>, or
> file paths?.

You mean _dos/windows_ file path separator ? It was indeed a stupid
choice _from microsoft_ to choose the by then well established escape
char (the backslash) as a file path separator. But hopefully, Python
handles it gracefully: you can either use raw strings (which I stronly
advise you learn about instead of whining) or just the traditional unix
one (forward slash) instead.

> All because that little backslash char is a line
> continuation character,

Totally clueless, as usual... Why don't you just READ THAT FUCKING MANUAL ?