time.time() strangeness

Paul Rubin http
Tue Feb 26 14:44:44 EST 2008

Nitro <nitro at dr-code.org> writes:
> With the line commented time.time() returns a changing value which is
> what  I expect. However, when I uncomment it and create a Direct3D9
> Device  [1][2] it keeps printing the very same number over and over!

The granularity of time.time can be quite large, maybe as much
as 1 second in some systems.  Also, if the user can set the time,
the output might not be monotone.  They might set the clock backwards
if it has drifted ahead, or something like that.  Better to use an
explicit counter if you need a monotonically increasing sequence.