[ANN] XPN 1.0.0 released
nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Sat Feb 9 14:25:08 CET 2008
XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader with Unicode
support. It is written with Python+GTK. It has features like
scoring/actions, X-Face and Face decoding, muting of quoted text,
newsrc import/export, find article and search in the body, spoiler
char/rot13, random taglines and configurable attribution lines.
You can find it on:
Changes in this release:
* v1.0.0: added multi-identity support
This change has required some modifications to the groups db
format, in order to keep your subscriptions you need to export
to a newsrc file from XPN-0.7.0 and reimport it in XPN-1.0.0.
* v1.0.0: added nineteen new layouts
* v1.0.0: fixed a bug that made garbled the X-Faces in replies
* v1.0.0: merged a patch from Facundo Batista that lets me work on Threads objects.
Its first application is the 'View Option' 'Show All Read Threads' that
lets you hide/show threads with all read articles.
* v1.0.0: eventually GTK supports the long awaited set_enable_tree_lines property, that
shows connecting lines between articles in the same thread
* v1.0.0: some minor fixes.
XPN is translated in Italian French and German, if you'd like to translate it
in your language and you are familiar with gettext and po-files
editing please contact me (xpn at altervista.org).
The average person thinks he isn't.
More information about the Python-list