wxpython file dialog

Janwillem jwevdijk at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 10 07:41:25 EST 2008

Guilherme Polo wrote:
> 2008/2/10, Janwillem <jwevdijk at xs4all.nl>:
>> Guilherme Polo wrote:

>>  >>  thumbnails vie in stead of list view?
>>  >>  thanks, janwillem
>>  >>
>>  >> --
>>  >>  http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list
>>  >>
>>  >

>>> You should be using wx.lib.imagebrowser.ImageDialog instead of
>>  > wx.FileDialog for that purpose.
>>  >
>>  >

>> Thanks for the hint, very neat widget. However, it seems not to support
>>  multiple selection. My application selects from a series of low light
>>  photographs of the same subject the sharpest one (like BSS on Nikon
>>  Coolpix). So I need multiple selection and thumbnails. It works with
>>  wx.FileDialog style=FD_MULTIPLE but I have to select thumbnail view
>>  every time.
>>
>> Janwillem
>>  --
>>

> Unfortunately that is not possible with imagebrowser because it sets
> the listbox for single selection in the code. A patch will fix this.
> Now continuing on FileDialog.. I don't have the option to change to
> thumbnail view here, I guess you are using Windows, so it is not
> cross-platform. imagebrowser is cross-platform because it is all done
> by wxPython.

The application is meant to become x-platform; prefarably linux osX and
win. I use:

dialog=wx.FileDialog(None,'Choose picture file',defDir,\
     style=wx.OPEN | wx.FD_MULTIPLE,wildcard=wcard)

and supposed that the wx dialog would work on linux. I did not yet test
this because the app depends on a lib (dll) which I have not yet made to
work in Linux (it's pascal and freepascal has a problem I have to dive
into).