Python equivt of __FILE__ and __LINE__

Jeff Schwab jeff at
Tue Feb 12 19:44:06 CET 2008

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> En Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:20:12 -0200, Jeff Schwab <jeff at>
> escribió:
>> What about the following?  Should the underscores be omitted from the
>> method names, for consistency with inspect?
> I prefer the names_with_underscore, the "current" style recommended by
> PEP8 but hurry up before it
> changes!

Right on.  Won't I feel silly if the inspect.currentmethods() ever get
renamed,for consistency with the PEP?

It still would be nice to have syntax as clean as __FILE__ and __LINE__.
  Has anybody already written a module of syntactic sugar around
inspect?  These things are mega-useful while debugging, especially for
those of us who prefer in-language libraries to separate debuggers.