[ANN] Shed Skin (restricted) Python-to-C++ compiler 0.0.27
mark.dufour at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 15:44:46 CET 2008
I have just released Shed Skin 0.0.27. Thanks in large part to the
GHOP students, this new release comes with some interesting new
- support for 're', via libpcre (perl-compatible-regular-expressions)
- support for 'time' (except for time.strptime under Windows)
- basic support for 'staticmethod' and 'property'
- support for 'fnmatch', 'glob' (bootstrapped)
- improved support for 'os' (POSIX)
- OSX support again (including extension modules!)
- many fixes for multi-dir/multi-file projects
- several builtin optimizations (zip, list(str)..)
- type model for 'datetime' (no C++ implementation yet)
- split up compiler core, ss.py, into several files
- many minor bugfixes
As for the 4 new modules (re, time, fnmatch, glob), this means Shed
Skin now supports most of the following modules:
I could still really use some help with implementing/bootstrapping
implementations for 'datetime' and 'socket', and further improving
'os' (especially under Windows).
Note that since the previous release we have a nice tutorial online.
It explains in detail how to install and use Shed Skin, how to use it
to build (simple) extension modules and how to combine Shed Skin with
numpy and parallel processing solutions such as Parallel Python.
"One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code"
- Ken Thompson
More information about the Python-list