Developing Techniques (and naming conventions)

Adekoba adekoba at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 12:07:44 EST 2008

I have some questions... Say we have a package "food"

food/
      __init__.py
      ham.py
      cheese.py

Is it possible to have a file named "food.py" in the package and have
non-referential imports work? i.e., for ham.py to have a line "import
food.food". From my experience, python will not work with this.

Alright, new scenario. Say we had:

food.py
food/
      __init__.py
      ham.py
      cheese.py

where food.py is a script that uses the package food. Is it possible
for this to work in any way? Every time I try to run food.py, python
tries to import everything from the script instead of from the
package. How can I fix this?