Cameron Laird claird at
Tue Feb 12 15:48:53 CET 2008

In article <6690be63-aad6-4d55-8043-6d2d2af885de at>,
 <bearophileHUGS at> wrote:
>Michael Robertson:
>> I'm guessing sage has this, but shouldn't something like this be part of
>> the standard library (perhaps in C)?
>My answer is positive. As a reference point you can look at the
>combinatorics module of Mathematica.
Should combinatorics be part of the standard library?  That's
an aesthetic-pragmatic question I don't feel competent to
answer; I look to timbot and Guido and so on for judgment there.
It does occur to me, though, that even more widely applicable
than the combinatorics module of Mathematica (if only because of
its licensing) might be such resources as