Video4Linux for PyCon at home

Carl K carl at personnelware.com
Sat Feb 16 18:05:17 EST 2008

This would be Off Topic, but it is for PyCon, so there will be lots of Python
side effects.

I am looking for help with a Video4Linux2 driver, which is C code.

I am trying to get a piece of hardware working with trascode.
hardware: http://www.epiphan.com/products/product.php?pid=66
http://www.transcoding.org

transcode has both v4l and v4l2 support. the vga grabber has a v4l driver, but
both it and tc's v4l are iffy.  The main transcode developer recommended using v4l2

I was able to capture 1 screen per second at last weeks Python user group
meeting.  I was able to make a 60mb avi from that.  So I have a good start, but
there is room for improvement.

If I can get this working, I can give people who help everything that happens at
PyCon - probably 50-100gig of avi files.  I'll send you on DVDs so you don't
have to download it all.

feel free to contact me here, or off list, or on #python or #chipy.

Carl K