Looking for up to date documentation for Python/Tkinter

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Thu Feb 21 10:57:36 EST 2008

Kintaro wrote:
> Oh wise usenet users,
>
> Please speak unto me the URL which contain the latest documentation on
> Python/Tkinter programming.
>
> I have seen Fredrik Lundh's introduction to tkinter (and others) and
> it appears to be for an earlier version of Python. I am working with
> Python 2.5 and most doc I am finding are for Python 2.2 or earlier.
>
> Many thanks

The documentation you've looked at should be perfectly valid. Tkinter
doesn't change much from one version of Python to the next.

Of course, Tk itself does change--the new release, 8.5, is a huge
update, adding platform-specific theming to better blend in. There's
tons of Tcl-specific documentation about that. There has been less
Tkinter-style documentation--this link might be of use:

http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/TileWrapper

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin