wxpython file dialog

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 13:42:00 EST 2008

2008/2/11, Mike Driscoll <kyosohma at gmail.com>:
> On Feb 11, 2008 12:14 PM, Guilherme Polo <ggpolo at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>

> > > What is your application supposed to do? In the meantime, I recommend
> > > looking at this control:
> > >
> > > http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/main/ThumbnailCtrl.html
> > >
> > > You can probably get what you need from it. I also highly recommend
> > > posting to the wxPython user's group where you'll get more wx-specific
> > > help. See below:
> > >
> > > http://wxpython.org/maillist.php
> > >
> > > If you download the venerable wxPython Demo from wxPython.org, you can
> > > check out other related widgets such as wx.ImageBrowser or the
> > > wx.BitmapComboBox.
> >
> > wx.ImageBrowser and wx.BitmapComboBox are non-existent widgets. There
> > are demos named like that but the actual widgets are
> > wx.lib.imagebrowser and wx.combo.BitmapComboBox
>

> Whoops! My bad! Still, I think the OP might find them useful for
> creating his own custom image dialog.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

It is ok ;) I mentioned imagebrowser on my first email, but he needs
to selection several images at once and imagebrowser lacks this right
now. An easy patch fix this, the widget would take another argument to
specify the style of the listbox it uses and it needs to store all the
selected images using listbox.GetSelections() if the user opts for
multiple selection.
I suggest posting this at wx maillist as feature request so you don't
need to wait for me to submit a patch.

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves