basic wxpython help

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 10:34:49 EST 2008

On Feb 16, 3:06 pm, Vamp4L <vampir... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mike,
>   Simple enough!  I was wandering about the close method too, I had to
> hack that together from what I knew about python already.  I'll be
> sure to join that mailing list.

If you get the chance, check out the "wxPython in Action" book by
Robin Dunn. It's a good reference, although it doesn't have some of
the most recent changes, including the widget browser thing.

As for the mailing list, Dunn responds to a lot of questions there.
He's the creator of wxPython, so he's extremely knowledgeable. There
are also a few wxPython developers on the list that have creates their
own widgets and they tend to answer a lot of general and specific
questions there too.

I still recommend this list for non-wxPython questions though.

Mike