Dont know what my class is called...

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Feb 17 18:33:23 EST 2008

"Adam W." <AWasilenko at gmail.com> writes:

> I am using the xml.sax package, and I'm running into a little
> problem.  When I use the parse(url, ContentHandler()) method, I don't
> know what parse() is naming the instance of ContentHandler.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Why do you need to know the internal
name for that parameter?

> I have a sub-class of ContentHandler make a dictionary of what it
> parses, but the problem is I don't know the name of instance for me
> to get at it. The only way I have gotten at my dict is to declare it
> a global value, and I know that is not the right way to do it.

Perhaps this::

    handler = ContentHandler()
    result = parse(url, handler)

--
 \     "All my life I've had one dream: to achieve my many goals."  -- |
  `\                                             Homer, _The Simpsons_ |